If you thought 2017 was the year of minimalist living, 2018 will be basically the opposite. The ’80s maximalist trend is back in a big way. We’re seeing more decorative elements and more colors and more mixing of patterns to create a purposefully over-decorated look. So, let’s talk about important ones:
1. The interior color trends.
The big trend is to go more and more towards bright and strong shades. This return to color goes together with a return to the 80-s and its strong design and color:
– Pink everywhere, especially pastel shade of pink deemed “millennial pink“.
– Primary colors come back like the red, the yellow, the blue (the Klein blue).
– Then there are all the warm and earthy tones becoming brighter: from orange to burgundy red.
– Pantone announced the Ultra Violet as Color of the Year 2018! Ultra Violet, or Pantone 18-3838, is a complex, celestial shade of purple, veering toward the cooler end of the color spectrum, that calls to mind the vastness of the galaxy, the power of spirituality and creative expression in all its forms.
– Lots of green as well, but with new interesting shades of sage, celery and avocado greens.
2. Artisan textures
Macramé, fringing, tufting, tassels and feathers. You will see it on cushions, wall hangings, throws, rugs and accessories. This trend will add a wonderful handmade quality to each room, beautiful tactile cushions on the sofa and a sumptuous throw with tassels on the bed, and a wall hanging or two on plain walls to add interest.
Meaning ‘to shade’, this season you’re going to see ombre in many different ways, from fabrics to cushions, rugs to bedding and in a painterly watercolor style on lampshades, artwork and furniture. If you do not feel brave enough to try it yourself on walls then source a wallpaper instead. Once you have chosen your colorway, co-ordinate your accessories to complement the wall colors using a mix of plains and prints.
4. Glittery gold.
Last year the metallic trend started to filter through into paints and metal finishes, this year gold is the key color. Softer than silver, it brings its own elegance together with a sense of decadence. You will see gold detailing like doorknobs and handles, gold lamp bases and picture frames.
5. Bright terrazzo
Bright terrazzo – a kind of mosaic floor with a long history, which experienced another bloom of popularity in the 70’s 20th century. Now the mosaic particles have become larger and decorate not only floors and stairs, but also walls, furniture, decor, dishes.
2018 is going to be the year of leather and velvet. Velvet is billed to be the fabric of choice for statement soft furnishing. As for leather, it is all about bedrooms – think upholstered headboards and quilted chairs.
7. Statement Ceilings
Forget statement walls and look to the ceiling. An inventive way to transform a room from the top down – people are keeping the walls one color but then wallpapering, tiling, decorating or painting the ceiling to make it the standout feature of the room.
As you see, we are prepared to transform your house in new, modern and individual way. Dare to change your life starting with your home. We are here to help you!